Saturday, December 13, 2014

Thankful

Earlier this week, my patient, energetic, and (uncommonly) kind father came over to help us.

Graham was suffering a very high fever. I (as you know - because I keep telling you) have shingles (or some kind of skin infection).  

He made us soup from scratch. He cleaned up our kitchen. He ran around in and outside of our home. He repainted a wall. He picked out a new collar for Eggnog.  

And then, he was off to work. 
Daddy meets Eggnog for the first time!
Yesterday, he met me at the hospital.

My skin condition had worsened overnight. Graham had dropped me off in front of the Emergency Room (unable to enter, because of his fever). I was immediately taken to urgent care (my eyes were swollen shut - a scary sight). There, they gave me an IV of medication (steroids and Benadryl, I believe). Almost instantly, I was able to open my eyes (magical drugs...).

There stood my dad, laughing:
What are you doing here?!
(Pre-IV, I had instructed Graham (via text) to send him.)

He brought me home. He brought me tea. He brought me to my appointment at the Civic Hospital (Division of Dermatology). He brought me to the pharmacy, where I picked up the prescription that is healing my skin today.

Right now (and always), I am grateful for my dad. His kind, generous heart. His (hilarious) dislike for chips and candy yet insistence on emptying the vending machine (trying each flavour). And his generosity that knows no bounds.

I love you dad.

xoxo,
Kristina

2 comments :

  1. What a great dad! And I'm so happy to hear you are doing better, that must have been scary. Hopefully the whole family gets (and stays) better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thank you so much! He is very special. About to check out your blog :-)

      xoxo,
      Kristina

      Delete